Hidden Rainbow

>> Thursday, March 19, 2009


This is the cake I made for the Princess on her actual birthday. Since her birthday falls on St. Patrick's Day we decided that a rainbow cake would be very fitting. It is an awesome party cake. I have to tell you, I could hardly wait to cut into this thing. The wait was well worth it. It is very cool!

I decided not to do a step by step for this cake because the original poster already did that. You can find those instructions here. It's really easy to make. The next time I make it I would definitely color the frosting though. It took a LOT of white frosting to hide all the rainbow colors.


____________________________________________________________________
Please keep in mind, this is cake. No where am I claiming this is a healthy cake, no where am I saying you should make this often. Yes it has food coloring. I used the gel colors so it doesn't take as much to get the vibrant colors you see in this cake.

2 comments:

Unknown March 22, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

That is totally amazing. What a great cake! I'm sure there were some very happy kids!

Melodie April 4, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

I love your disclaimer! Lol! I *want* to make this cake but I fear the food colouring at the birthday parties. Will maybe try when the kids are older and can "hold" their cake. lol!

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP