>> Sunday, September 27, 2009
Buy at AllPosters.com
Well, here we are on week five already. How are your plans going? I am so far behind on the holiday aspects of this plan. I'm really trying hard not to panic and to not just quit. Just going to pick up this week like I'm not really (that far) behind and try to get done what I can. I keep saying anything done is better than nothing, but the last 3 weeks nothing was really done. That is discouraging but it's not like Christmas is next week so I should just keep plugging along.
This week the focus on the Holiday Grand Plan site is the Master Bathroom. Yeah, I am not doing that this week. I will be doing FlyLady's zone. For me that is the living room, entry and front porch.
My Goals for This Week:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
- Take toys and books that are outgrown, clean them up and prepare them for donation to toy drives.
- Make list of toys and books that children would enjoy and that would fit in their rooms and that would work with what they have. Keep it hand for telling family what they would like.
- Inventory clothing and have another list of clothing items needed. Measure the children and put measurements on this list.
- Decorate for Fall & Thanksgiving
- Review and revise menus and other plans
- Plan table setting
- Plan centerpiece
1. Living room
- Straighten closet
3. Front Porch
- Sweep down cobwebs
- Sweep off porch
- Shake door mat
What are you going to do this week for the holiday prep? Have you started or do you usually wait until closer to Christmas?
To see what others are up to this week, take a look at these blogs:
Candace at Diary of a FlyBaby
Diane at DianeDenmark
Kelly at Life at the Quinn Home
Pippa at A Mother's Ramblings