>> Sunday, September 6, 2009
Bean feeding the reindeer on Christmas Eve
Wow I can't believe how fast week one went. I did get a fair amount of the work I had listed done,but I'll admit I didn't get many of the lists done. The week was a bit off with the kids going back to school. I haven't quite settled into a new routine yet but it's getting there. I'll be carrying over what lists I have to finish to this week, maybe I can get some of them done today. You can check here to see what my plans were for last week & what I was actually able to get done. I think I did well. :)
So here we are in week two of the plan. This week is question week. If you're following the HGP cleaning plan the focus is on the living room, but for me I'm doing the Flylady zone so I'll be working in the kitchen.
My goals for the week are:
*Answer these questions:
- Do I see Christmas time primarily as a time for entertaining friends and renewing long lost acquaintances or as a time for family?
- How much emphasis do our Christmas activities place on the spiritual side of Christmas?
- How involved is my family in the Christmas preparation?
- What activities are particularly important to our family at Christmas? To myself?
- Why do we observe the traditions we do in our house?
- How important is an elaborately decorated house, homemade gifts or food, to my feelings about Christmas?
- What would my ideal Christmas be like?
- Buy extra flour, sugar, shortening, etc.
- Make one extra meal for the freezer labeled HOLIDAY MEAL. This should be large enough to feed the family plus two people.
- Develop ideas for gifts, decorations
- Buy Christmas Card envelopes and address
- Wash walls
- Clean knick knacks
- Wash light fixtures
- Wash blinds
- Clean windows & screens
- Clean all appliance inside & out - fridge, stove, microwave
- Straighten & wash all cabinets and drawers
- Clean trash can
- Shine sink
- Sweep & mop floor
How did your planning go last week?
Are you starting to feel more excited about getting ready for Christmas?
Several others are also blogging about their Christmas preparations. You can find them all here & if you are just joining us please put your name & the link to your blog post about this week's Christmas prep in Mr. Linky. Then we can all see what you are busy doing & come cheer you on!
Candace at Diary of a FlyBaby
Diane at DianeDenmark
Kelly at Life at the Quinn Home
Pippa at A Mother's Ramblings