Menu Plan Monday - October 10 - 16

>> Monday, October 12, 2009


Happy Thanksgiving too all of my Canadian Friends! :)  I hope that you are enjoying the long weekend.  I am loving it.  It's been a very nice weekend, having the family home & just doing a lot of enjoying one another.  Today I'll be preparing our Thanksgiving meal and I'll also be preparing a meal for friends that had a baby last week and are just coming home today.  Needless to say it's going to be a busy day in the kitchen for me. :)



Yesterday I made these sorta healthy mini M&M oatmeal cookies. I was hoping that they would be more like another recipe I used to make, they weren't, but the kids sure are enjoying them.  I guess that's all that really matters right? You can find the recipe for them on my recipe site.

Here's what cookin' at my house this week:

Breakfast: - Toddler Menu
Monday: Shortcut Cinnamon Buns, fruit and milk {we all are having this}
Tuesday: Whole grain waffle, pears and 1/4 cup milk
Wednesday: Cottage Cheese -n- fruit, cinnamon toast squares (whole grain bread lightly toasted)
Thursday: French toast, peaches, and 1/4 cup milk
Friday: Cream of Wheat (w/cinnamon & organic sugar), fruit and 1/4 cup milk

Mid-Morning Snack: - Toddler Menu
Monday: Orange Slices & 1/4 cup milk
Tuesday: Cereal snack & 1/4 cup milk
Wednesday: Muffin & 1/4 cup milk
Thursday:  No-salt bread sticks & hummus dip
Friday:  Fruit slices & 1/4 cup milk

Lunch: - Toddler Menu
Monday: Grilled Cheese, 1/4 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup milk
Tuesday:  Whole Wheat cheese pizza, soft cooked veggie sticks & 1/4 cup milk
Wednesday: Corn Chowder, cheese dough sticks, diced fruit & 1/4 cup milk
Thursday:  Turkey & rice, diced peaches & 1/4 cup milk
Friday: Veggie pasta & cheese, 1/4 strawberries & 1/4 cup milk

Afternoon Snack: - Toddler Menu
Monday: yogurt & graham cracker
Tuesday: no-salt bread sticks & hummus dip
Wednesday: Apple bread pudding
Thursday: Orange slice & 1/4 cup milk
Friday: Carrot Cookies & 1/4 cup milk

Supper for Everyone:
With printable recipe cards (click pics to save and print) & links to original recipes where noted.
Saturday - Panera's Cream Cheese Potato Soup in Bread Bowls and salad {didn't have last week}- I made this and it was fantastic! I added some mild Italian sausage to it also. Everyone is asking me to make this again!  Very, very good soup!


Sunday - Meatloaf, Noodles & corn


Monday - Roast Turkey, dressing, mashed garlic potatoes & gravy, baked sweet potatoes, baked squash, steamed carrots, steamed peas, rolls, salad and some sort of pumpkin dessert.

Tuesday - Hot Turkey Sandwiches, with all the leftover sides.

Wednesday - Turkey Fried Rice & Salad (variation on my chicken fried rice)


Thursday - Turkey Soup with homemade noodles

Friday - Homemade Pizza


Lots of turkey going on this week. :) I love it though makes for a nice easy week of cooking and it's really nice on the food budget. What are you cooking this week?  Need more ideas for menu planning?  Head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie for hundreds of meal plans.



Children, Turkey and Pumpkin
Children, Turkey and Pumpkin Art Print
Buy at AllPosters.com

2 comments:

Keli October 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

menu looks great once again! care to share the shortcut cinnamon bun recipe?

Cara October 13, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Just found your site from Menu Plan Monday. I love, love, love the toddler menu! As a mom of a super picky 2 year old, I always love to see what other moms are feeding their children. The recipe cards are great too, and I can't wait to sit down and look through your recipe site. Have a great week!

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP