Merry Christmas a Little Late...

>> Monday, December 29, 2008

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas. We definitely did! By the time it was over I was sure Toys R Us threw up in my living room. lol So obviously the kids had a good Christmas, not just all the gifts, but we had family in and talked to family on the phone. Several times that day I heard from them "This is the best Christmas EVER!" *Big sigh of relief* This year Christmas was more stressful for me than I ever remember it being. Just seemed there wasn't enough time to get everything I wanted to do accomplished. As it was before the kids could open gifts on Christmas night R and I had to go in the bedroom and finish wrapping their gifts. Maybe next year I will be able to get back to my usual schedule and have a more relaxing holiday....We'll see.

The last 2 days I have been thinking about the new year. As I look around the house I see lots of dust, lots of things out of place. I want to get things a bit more organized, and get a better schedule going so that I can relax more with the family. I mean truely relax. I spend lots of time with them now, but many times it is half hearted because I *have* to (ie I'm being forced by the baby to sit and hold him - therefore end up watching a movie or something with the kids and dad). In my head I have a zillion things I would/should be doing if this little person would just unleech himself from me for awhile. I want to find a way to get the things done that are bugging me so that I can really enjoy the time I get to spend with them. Anyone have any ideas how to do this with a leechbaby ;)?
I think I will spend some of today getting some things put away, working with my homemaking journal and finding some routines that will work for me.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

I'm posting a comment! LOL. You are doing fine. It's tough when you have little ones. All i can say is just relax about the dust a little, enjoy the day one hour at a time, and don't sweat the small stuff. I'm learning that instead of worrying about things as much, and worrying about if this happens, i'll be happy, to just be happy regarless of the stuff. Situations and such can't make one happy to relax, it's got to come from inside. Not saying to ignore stuff, but just let the small stuff go sometimes. You are a great person and a great mom!

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

P.S. A velcro suit works too!

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP