The *Best* Chocolate Chip Cookies E.V.E.R.

>> Monday, May 4, 2009

Today I decided I wanted to bake. It's been since my last cupcakes that I have done any sort of baking, so it was nice to get in the kitchen today. Little guy co-operated very nicely too. He took a nice long nap. :) These are seriously some good chocolate chip cookies. It's taken me years of trying different recipes to find one that I am really happy with the results. Lets get to it...

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes Approx. 7 Dozen
Original recipe can be found here.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed (I always make my own w/granulated sugar and molasses - just add as little or as much molasses as you like.)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour (or use 4 cups all-purpose flour)
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 bag chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate or swirled)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F or 176°C. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt. (I add the flour 1 cup at a time and mix well). Stir in entire bag of chocolate chips.

Using a cookie dough scoop drop on lined cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 9-12 minutes.

If you want a chewy cookie, you'll want to take these out of the oven just as they begin to brown. If you want a crunchy cookie leave in for 11-12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 -3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Since this makes so many cookies and kids are kids, I usually just put out 1-2 dozen on a tray and package the rest up for the freezer.

3 comments:

Amy Brown February 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

if I don't have parchment paper can I do something else? will they stick, should I use cooking spray?

Krista February 12, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

If you don't have parchment paper that is okay. I've used foiled lined sheets and just a plain cookie sheet. They won't stick so don't need spray either (you want an ungreased sheet). it just makes clean up so much easier.

Amy Brown February 12, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

Great I'm going to try these! Thanks

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP