Friday's Feast ~ Bedtime Stories

>> Friday, February 5, 2010


I don't know about your family, but as my children get older they are spending less and less time at home.  This makes me sad as I love having my kids home with me - ahhh the trials of children growing up. At Christmas time I planned a dinner & themed movie night for part of our advent.  We watched A Christmas Story and it was a lot of fun.  Shortly before or just after that I won a subscription from A Hen's Nest to Relish! Relish! and they have a whole list of dinner and movie ideas. This got me thinking that since we had so much fun with the one I planned that we would try the ideas on Relish! Relish!; and it would be a great way to ensure that we would spend sometime once a week (hopefully) together as a family doing something fun.

For this week's dinner and a movie we watched the movie Bedtime Stories and enjoyed a themed dinner to go along with it.  I had the kids use a couple of my circle punches and punch out some colorful gumballs to decorate the table. For our centerpiece we used a big bowl of real gumballs.

On the menu:
All recipes can be found on Relish! Relish!
  • Bugsy Bacon Burgers on Homemade Buns (also did a garden burger for the vegetarians)
  • Friday Night Fries
  • Nottingham Nosh with Creamy Lemon Dill Dip
  • Sleepytime S’mores
*Next weeks dinner & a movie in honor of the Olympics - Cool Runnings*

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP