>> Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Happy December 1st! Today is the day we start our 25 days of Christmas. This will be the 5th year (at least) that we have done this. The kids really enjoy it and I really enjoy doing this. It sorta makes us slow down and really enjoy the holiday season and it allows us some quality time together. It's really easy to get busy and overwhelmed at this time of year, so I welcome anything to help make this time of year last a little longer.
Here is what I have planned for this year:
1. Make advent chains
2. Write letters to Santa
3. Christmas party at Miss. Bean's school
4. Decorate the tree
5. Make holiday Rice Krispie treats & shoes out for Sinterklaas
6. St. Nikolaus Day - Make Speculaas Cookies
7. Grinch Dinner & a movie night
8. Make Chocolate dipped pretzels & English Toffee
9. Celebrate the last day of Hanukkah (chocolate coins, fried donuts, baked chicken, latkes with sour cream or applesauce, & coleslaw)
10. Make & hang paper snowflakes
11. Family game night
12. PJ Day! Christmas Movie Marathon
13. St. Lucia Day (Make cinnamon rolls)
14. Make cards & wrap gifts for Teachers
15. Bub's Christmas Dance. 2 littles & I will watch a Christmas program & make a craft
16. Make Popcorn balls
17. Christmas shopping for siblings
18. Christmas baking day!
19. Wrap gifts for siblings & listen to Christmas music
20. Drive around and look at Christmas lights (Hot cocoa & popcorn for the drive)
21. Winter Solstice Celebration
22. Make magic reindeer food & watch Prancer
23. Deliver gifts to friends & family
24. Christmas Eve - Gingerbread house, track Santa, traditional supper @ Chinese restaurant & watch the Polar Express
25. Merry Christmas!!
I also have a few other day activities planned if the weather cooperates. I would like to take the kids to Christmas in the Country at New Ross Farm Museum this weekend (if the rain holds off). If we get some decent snow we'll do some coasting and I would really love to go on a sleigh ride if we can (I've had the sleigh ride on the list forever, please let us get good snow before Christmas :D ).
Do you do the 25 Days of Christmas with your family? What activities do you have planned? I hope you are getting excited for the holidays. :)