>> Thursday, April 22, 2010
Congratulations Deanna! I know you're going to love Sapadilla as much as I do! :)
I read about Sapadilla eco-cleaners on the web and I was so impressed by their product that I wanted to try it. After looking on their website I realized no one had their products locally. So I contacted Sapadilla to see if they would be interested in allowing me to review their product for my blog. If I can find a great eco-friendly company that is also in Canada I want to share it with you! They agreed and they sent me three of their products to try : their All Purpose Cleaner & Counter Top Cleanser in Grapefruit & Bergamot, and a bottle of their Dish Soap in Rosemary & Peppermint.
A little bit about Sapadilla:
- They are manufactured completely in Canada.
- Their fresh aromas are made from 100% pure essential oil blends with no synthetic additives. These heavenly scents were created by a natural perfumist and add mood-lifting benefits to household chores.
- They use alkyl polyglucoside as the main surfactant, or cleaning agent, in all our products. This ingredient is highly effective and derived from naturally occurring sugars. It is also endorsed for products eco-labeled “Good Environmental Choice” by the Swedish Society of Nature Conservation.
- All of the ingredients are plant-based, derived from renewable resources like coconut, palm and corn oil. They do not use:
- They donate 1% of their revenues to 1% for the planet. (www.onepercentfortheplanet.com)
- They are against animal testing and say so on their packaging.
- Their clean, modern package design means are oh-so countertop worthy.
- You won’t find them at unsightly bigboxmart type stores.
o Synthetic fragrance or dyes
o Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate
o Petroleum-based solvents
o Ethylene Glycol Ethers
o Any other harsh or questionable chemicals
As soon as I recieved my box of products and tore into it, the first thing I did was smell the product. Oh My! They are lovely! I was immediately excited to start using them, I knew they were going to make my home smell great but I wondered if I would get the usual migraine I get when I use commercial cleaners. Guess what? No migraine! That's impressive!
The first product I used was the All Purpose Cleaner. I added 1 tablespoon to my bucket and added 4 liters of water and went to work on my floors. The scent from the product was lovely and mood-lifting and my floors were so clean. There was no residue left on the floors, no stickiness, just nice clean floors. This is a generous bottle (600ml) and you only use a very small amount, so this will last a long time.
The next product I used was the Countertop Cleanser. I used it on the bathroom counter and in the kitchen. It contains Lactic Acid which is a natural sanitizer. Just spray and let sit for a few minutes and then wipe up. It worked great and smelled so good. My counters were clean, shiny and there was no sticky or gritty residue left behind.
The last product I used was the Dish Soap. I think this was my favorite one of them all. I really love the smell of the rosemary and peppermint. Even the kids commented on the smell, a couple times they would come in the kitchen and ask what I was making because it smelled so good! I actually get a little excited when I have to wash the pans that can't go in the dishwasher because I get to use this dish soap, and I hate washing dishes. Know what else, my hands aren't all dry and rough feeling after washing dishes. That's amazing. I've used it a few times just to wash my hands in between cooking jobs and it feels really nice, and moisturizing. That's not the same feeling I get using a commercial dish soap as hand soap.
I really love using these products. I love using them so much that I'm going to see if I can get some local boutiques to carry Sapadilla products. What a great opportunity to support an eco-friendly, Canadian company.
So now that you've read about this great company and how much I loved using their products wouldn't you love to try some yourself? Well you can!
Buy it: You can check the Sapadilla website to find a local boutique or an online retailer.
Win it: Sapadilla has graciously offered one of my Canadian readers the chance to win 1 bottle of Dish Soap in Rosemary & Peppermint and 1 Countertop Cleanser in Grapefruit & Bergamot. This makes a nice sink set.
Mandatory Entry: (remember to leave each entry in a separate comment box or it won't count)
- Visit Sapadilla and tell me what product is your favorite or something you learned about their company. (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway linking back to Typical Ramblings, Atypical Nonsense and Sapadilla; leave the URL where you did (4 entries)
- Follow Me with Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Typical Ramblings, Atypical Nonsense (1 entry)
- Follow Me on Twitter @Luvschweetheart AND Tweet about this giveaway; leave the URL where you did. (you may tweet once per day for an extra entry) (1 entry per day) #Win a sink set of Sapadilla Eco-Cleaners from @Luvschweetheart for Earth Day! http://bit.ly/bkXrmA *Canada ONLY* #Giveaway
- Become a Fan of Typical Ramblings, Atypical Nonsense on Facebook (1 entry)
This giveaway is open to Canada only! Giveaway will end April 30, 2010 at 10:00 pm EST. A winner will be chosen by random.org and will be notified by email. I will announce the winner at the top of this post as well. You must contact me within 48 hours. If you fail to claim your prize, a new winner will be chosen by random.org and emailed.
**Disclosure: I received the Sapadilla products at my request, free of charge in exchange for this review. The opinions expressed are my own**