Kindness Counts

>> Thursday, August 5, 2010

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind;
and the third is to be kind. ~Henry James


Choose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time.
~Richard Carlson


If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.  ~Dalai Lama


This morning I stumbled on the Pledge to be a Kind-Hearted Blogger at em jay and me. When I read the pledge I knew that I wanted to be a part of this, and help spread kindness through my words across the internet.


AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:

  • create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
  • be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
  • stay away from internet/blogging bullying
  • speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.
  • make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
  • acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
  • know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
  • believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.
My own additions to the pledge: 
  • I will be compassionate and non-judgemental
  • I will speak with integrity – use my words in a direction of love and truth.
  • I won’t make assumptions – I will communicate as clearly as I can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
I encourage you to take the pledge to be a kind-hearted blogger as well. After all kindness is all that matters!

☮peace.♥love.☺joy

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP