Crafty Tuesday - Altered Composition Books

>> Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Crafty Tuesday

Ok I finally finished my craft. I swear it wasn't supposed to take so long, but the baby had alternate plans for me today. :) Next week this will go up much earlier, I promise. I already know what I am going to do for next week's craft, so will soon get it done and then I can get a post all ready to go. Wow, that'll take some organization on my part but I think once I get this underway it's going to be a lot of fun.

This week I decided to make altered composition books. I actually made 3 - one for my son (who asked for it) and one for each of the kid's teachers. I like to send in a little gift to welcome in the school year with a little note, telling them a little about my kids and giving my phone number, offering to help when I can.

What you need: {What I used}

  • 3 composition books
  • Paper cutter
  • Scissors
  • Adhesive
  • Martha Stewart Bat Punch
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Ghostly Greetings DSP (12x12)
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Hawaii Papaya DSP (12x12)
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Good Morning Sunshine DSP (12x12)
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Basic Black Cardstock (8 1/2x11)
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Kiwi Kiss Cardstock (8 1/2x11)
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Summer Sun Cardstock (8 1/2x11)
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Tangerine Tango Cardstock (8 1/2x11)
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip Cardstock (8 1/2x11)
  • 1 Sheet Stampin Up! Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2x11)
  • Block Sander
  • Sizzix Wingo Zingo Alphabet
  • Xyron Create-a-Sticker
What you need to do:
  1. Cut your pattern paper to 6x10
  2. Cut your coordinating cardstock to 10x4
  3. Cover the back side of your patterned paper with adhesive and line it up with the open edge of your composition book. Repeat on the back side.
  4. Take your coordinating cardstock try to center it over the spine of the book and fold it over. (Do not score or your score lines will show.) Then put adhesive on the back of that paper and apply to the spine of your book.


  5. With the leftover coordinating cardstock run it through your sizzix to make your Notes letters.
  6. Then put the letters through the Xyron Create-a-Sticker and apply to the Whisper White cardstock.
  7. Cut out and matte on another coordinating cardstock, cut and adhere to notebook




My finished notebooks






I hope you enjoyed this week's edition of Crafty Tuesday. If you have any questions about the project just leave a comment & I'll do my best to help. Have a great day & go get your craft on! :)

More links to altered composition books:

So grab the button if you like & Join with Mr.Linky. :)

4 comments:

Nifty Knees August 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Great job! I'll have to give this one a try

PippaD August 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Pretty - I like these. Might have to actually try this!

Krista August 26, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

You both should! They are really easy & fun to make. Take pictures & then show me. :)

Unknown August 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

I've made these before and it really perks up those notebooks for school! I plan on making several more next week for the start of the school year! Thanks for the reminder,

SHErry (Mrs. H)

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP