I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream...Cake!

>> Thursday, August 6, 2009

I have been planning this post since I made this cake last Saturday. Finally decided I better get it up here in case any of you want to make this cake over the weekend. It is a perfect hot weather dessert. Great after a BBQ or heck it's great anytime. Yum! If you've ever watched the show on Food Network called Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, this recipe would be something that she would make. So you know it's going to be quick, easy and taste great.

Let's get to the recipe...

Take one package of cookies. I used a package of Golden Oreo's (regular Oreo's are really good too). Pour them in a bag and use your rolling pin to crush them. You just want them broken up, not tiny crumbs. After you have done that pour them into an 8x11 in pan.


Then take a container of ice cream that you have let soften and spoon the ice cream on top of the cookies. Spread it as evenly as you can. I used Caramel Praline ice cream when making this cake. You can use any ice cream you like. One of my favorites is Mint Chocolate Chip on a bed of chocolate oreo's. (I just set the container on the counter while I put groceries away on Saturday. You can also let it soften in the fridge if you think it'll take you awhile to get to making the cake)

Then take a jar of ice cream topping and pour it over the ice cream. Spread it evenly across the entire cake. For this cake I used Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping.

Finally, take a container of Cool Whip Topping that has thawed completely and spread that over the top of the entire cake. It's really looking good now isn't it??

Here is your finished cake! Now cover it with some plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours.

When you are ready to eat the cake, slice with a sharp knife and serve. I promise everyone will be oooing and ahhhing while they eat. :) You'll be the hostess with the mostess. :)

Click to save and print

2 comments:

PippaD August 7, 2009 at 6:00 AM  

I always wondered how to make Ice Cream Cake and now I know so I think that this might be getting made very soon!

Krista August 7, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Definitely make it! :) Make sure you come back and tell me how you like it.

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP