Menu Plan Monday - August 15- 21

>> Friday, August 21, 2009


Yes, I know it's Friday. :o) But remember how at the beginning of August I said I was going to *try* to put my menu up each week this month. Well, so I'm 4 days late at least I'm still here. :P
And never know maybe this will help you get your menu plan together over the weekend. Sometimes we need a gentle nudge shove to get things done. At least I know I sometimes do. :)

Okay so I'm not going to bore you with a bunch of chatter today, since I'll be doing this again on Monday, I'll just get right to the menu.

Raw Vegan Menu {Monday - Saturday}

Breakfast - Will mostly likely be mono-meals of fruit. Watermelon, peaches, grapefruit. For those that don't know what a mono-meal is; it's where you eat only one thing (i.e. peaches) until you are satisfied. It doesn't matter if it takes 2 or 5. Just eat until you are satisfied.

Lunch - Probably be a big salad, or just cut up veggies in a big bowl to munch on as I please.

Supper - Whatever is on the cooked menu, making sure I have lots of veggies (steamed lightly or raw)

Dessert - Since the blender is out of use, it'll have to be some fruit.

Regular Cooked Menu {Monday - Friday}
With printable recipe cards (click pics to save & print) and links to original recipes.

Please note - I use organic, local ingredients when possible. Also the recipes usually call for all- purpose flour. I usually use a mix of 1/2 whole wheat & 1/2 white or just all whole wheat. Remember a recipe is just something to go by, feel free to change them up for health/your family's tastes.

Breakfast:

  • Monday - Cereal
  • Tuesday - Fresh fruit & cinnamon toast
  • Wednesday - Eggs, toast, and sliced melon
  • Thursday - Waffles & fresh fruit
  • Friday - Fresh fruit & yogurt

Lunch:

  • Monday - Ham Sandwiches & side salad
  • Tuesday - BLT's, raw peas & fresh fruit
  • Wednesday - Egg salad sandwiches w/carrot & celery sticks
  • Thursday -Pasta and tomato based sauce
  • Friday - Tuna salad sandwiches & raw veggies

Supper:

Saturday - at hub's sister's place

Sunday - Eat out on the way home

Monday - Pasta Sans Fagioli (Finally got around to making this)

Tuesday - Sub Sandwiches (made @ home), chips, veggie sticks

Wednesday - BBQ burgers & hot dogs, steamed zucchini, sliced tomato & cucumber

Thursday - Pizza

Friday - *thinking* supper out at restaurant. Have coupon for buy 1 get 1 free, and kids eat free. So would only cost about 12 dollars for a family of 5 to eat out. Pretty good deal, I'd say.

There was my plan for this week. Let me know what you think! :) If you would like to see more menu planning ideas head over to Laura's @ I'm an Organizing Junkie. Also go over to Chive Talkin to see other great flexitarian, vegetarian, raw, whole foods, seasonal, local, gluten free menu plan ideas.

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP