Holiday Grand Plan - Week Six

>> Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wow! Can you believe it is week 6 of the Holiday Grand Plan already? I can't!  Do you know what that means?  There are only 11 more weeks until Santa arrives.  If that doesn't light a fire under me I don't know what will lol.

Visions of Sugarplums

Visions of Sugarplums
Browning, Tom Buy at AllPosters.com

How are you coming along on your plans? I'm doing fairly well with parts of it.  Some days it seems really overwhelming, and I just have to remind myself this doesn't have to be perfect. Any bit I do get accomplished is great and it's one less thing I will have to worry about come December. I'm doing fairly well on the cleaning part - well, depending on the week. But the holiday part, not a lot is getting done on those lists.  I have been making lists though.  Working on what the kids would like for Christmas ect.  I do have things to make some freezer meals, it's just finding the time to actually make them.  That's a lot of my problem, and one I'm sure many of you can relate to - time and the lack thereof.  Days seem to just fly by.  I think I need to try to make better use of my weekends?  That's hard too because I want to spend time with the whole family.  Balance sure is a struggle sometimes isn't it?

This week on the HGP the focus is the kid's rooms.  So if you are following that plan for your cleaning schedule head over there and see what you should be working on this week.  I follow the Flylady zones for my cleaning schedule because that works best for me.  This week my focus for cleaning is on the kitchen again.  I love that I get another chance at this before Christmas because not much was accomplished in there last month.

My goals for the week are:

*Holiday Prep*
  1. Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  2. Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  3. Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use & one to donate to food drive).
  4. Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
  5. Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now & store packages in them.
  6. Check smoke detectors and clean them, change batteries if needed.
  7. Make "goody basket" for guest bath, from samples found in abundance in stores right now.
*Chores - Flylady zone 2, for me that is the Kitchen *
  1. Wash Walls
  2. Clean knick knacks
  3. Wash light fixtures
  4. Clean all appliance inside & out - fridge, stove, microwave
  5. Straighten & wash all cabinets and drawers
  6. Clean trash can
  7. Shine sink
  8. Sweep & mop floor
Be sure to see what others who are following the Holiday Grand Plan are up to this week.
Candace at Diary of a FlyBaby
Diane at DianeDenmark
Pippa at A Mother's Ramblings

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP