Love Dare - Day Seven

>> Monday, October 19, 2009



Day Seven: Love believes the best
[Love] believes all things, hopes all things.
—1 Corinthians 13:7

Yesterday's Dare
For today’s dare, get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point during the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

This dare wasn't very difficult for me. My list of positives definitely outweighed  the negatives. I'm sure some of that was given that we have had a really nice last 7 days (at least I think so). So not much time was spent in my mental depreciation room this week.  I think when I do go there when I'm angry or hurt, it's a lot of nit picky things.  Not all of it, but some of it is for sure.  Over all I think I do have a really good husband.  I know we are only on day 7 here but I'm realizing that things that are wrong in our marriage are not just him.  Some of it is me, my attitude and how my own actions/reactions can create turmoil.  I know that it takes two, but this dare has really opened my eyes to my part of the problem.  The denial and blame isn't so strong now.  I think that is a good thing.

How did you do on day 7?  Was making the list easy for you or did you struggle with one of the sheets?

Today's Dare: Love is not jealous (I know without even reading this is going to be a hard one for me)

See how my friends who are also taking the challenge are doing:
@Peasinapod - Confessions Of An UnOrGaNiZeD Mom
@FlyingByFaith - Simply Complicated... That's Just Me...
@kjkmom2boys - Mom's Just One of the Boys
@ChainedAngel - Wanna Know What's for Supper???

If you would like to join in the challenge just leave me a comment and a link to your blog and I'll add you to the list. :)  P.S. It's never too late to join!

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP