Mamavation Monday - March 29, 2010

>> Monday, March 29, 2010

Watch Lives Change So if you've been a reader here the last few months you've likely read my posts about how I want to lose weight and get fit. I've been struggling with this for so long it seems like I will always be battling this issue. On Friday I saw a tweet from @ResourcefulMom recommending @bookieboo & #Mamavation for  a Follow Friday.  (If you don't twitter none of that will make sense to you - just stick with me here).  So I checked it out and I really think this will help me succeed this time.  I have had some great online cheerleaders and some people have said they would join me in getting healthy, but I've never had some place or way that I was really going to be held accountable.  Now, I realize that I'll still have to do the work, but in order to be part of The Sistahood I have to do certain things each week.  And if these girls are going to be checking up on me and expecting to see me post and go to chats then maybe, just maybe it will give me the bit of staying power to stick to my goals that I need.

If I get accepted into The Sistahood I plan on using the blog on the group to post some before, during and after photos, post my food journal and maybe even talk about how I'm doing or struggling as I go on this journey.  I could post all of that here, yes, but honestly that's not what I set this blog up to be.  I am considering starting a separate weight-loss blog but for right now I'm planning on just using the group.

My goals for this week:

  • Drink at least 2 litres of water a day
  • Mon, Wed, Fri - do interval training with #NEWO  (No Excuses Workout DVD), or go for a walk - anything that gets my heart rate up.
  • Tues. & Thrus - do at least one 6 minute #NEWO (will also be taking E to the pool these days)
  • Follow my meal plan.
  • If I mess up do not beat myself up over it. This is a lifestyle change & it will take babysteps.
  • No pop at all.
Oh yes, have any of you heard of Earth Footwear? Wow! If not you have to check out their website. I just heard about them (yes, my rock is really big) and I would absolutely love to have a pair of their sneakers as I start my journey towards health and fitness.  

If you're looking to get fit and get healthy I hope you'll join me & if not I hope that you'll at least be rooting for me to succeed this time. I can do this!

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP